Saturday, January 30, 2010

A New Year

[ ] Write a post

There it was, looking at me accusingly. Turned out that writing is not quite as simple as expected, especially when there are so many other things to do. Like the impending expedition into a w-space system - there had been fuel to buy, transportation to be staged, people to be enthused and just in general details to be managed.

But now everything was in place, and all we were waiting for was a good wormhole to go through. The previous days had yielded no such thing, and with the rest of the corp having called it a night, all that was left to do for me was some paper work - including that darn TODO item. And I didn’t have the slightest idea what to write.

Just then, comms flashed with an incoming call.

[ Boss, you won’t believe it! ] It was our wormhole scout. [ We have a wormhole, just three jumps from HQ! ]

Damn!

“Give me details”

[ Class Two system, wormhole is good for 2B kg, 300M kg jump limit. ]

Which was good enough to bring an Orca in and out a couple of times, despite its lousy cargo/mass ratio. On the other hand there was no way to get any of the other corp mates back, so it would be just me and him. Not what I hoped for, but this was a chance to be taken.

“Right. Hold position and keep me posted. I’ll bring the Orca and we set up the basic POS with defenses.”

[ Understood. ]

I closed comms and was almost out of the door, when I remembered one last thing..

[ x ] Write a post

No comments:

Post a Comment