Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Vacation Ho!

"Shorts? Check.
Dressy stuff? Check."

Looking around my room, I made last run through my checklist of things to bring.

"Spare ammo? Check.
Sun Screen? Check."

Space is all good and well, but once in a while it is fun to go planet side - experience real sunlight, breath real air, and all that. And after all the excitement of the last weeks, not to mention the daily industrial grind, a vacation sounds just right up my alley.

"Holovids? Check.
Life Insurance? Check.
. . . aaand that's it."

Satisfied, I zipped close my bag and shouldered it.

"You're outta here?", called Eta out from her desk as I left my room.

"Yeah. Two weeks of lounging and mindless relaxation await!", I replied, adding "You should try it some day."

"Naah, I'd be bored halfway into the flight down."

I chuckled, "That's the point."

Eta grimaced, and I threw her a casual salute. "See you in 14, Sis. Don't blow the place to pieces while I'm gone, please?"

"Bah! You're no fun!"

"Never!"

And with that, the door closed behind me and I hurried to the docking level. I had a shuttle to catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment